Reviewing fastball602 - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by fastball602, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastball602

VIP

Ratings:
    +115 / 3
    Your Minecraft username
    fastball602

What server are you applying for

Skyblock

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Andrew

Location (or timezone)
    New Jersey ~ Eastern Time Zone

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    I want to try and help new players feel welcomed into the community, whether it’s helping them or just being friendly to them. Whenever I come on the server, I try my best to help out players who don’t know how to do certain things, like commands, or what to do in that specific server. I enjoy helping people out and I think I can bring more of it as a member of the staff team.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    Coming up around 3 months, having a total of 238 hours at this time. However, I did play during 2014-15, quitting right before 2016 started

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    1-2 hours on weekdays, mostly because of school and everything. But I can be on the server for 4-5 hours at a time during the weekends.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    As said in my previous application, I work at a day camp over the summer with little kids and one of the main goals of an employee there is to let the kids have fun, but try to keep order within them. I feel like I can also bring this over to the players who may need this type of discipline. I can help those players have fun, but I have to try to keep them in place and not become to rowdy.

There are also times where experienced players come across a new player who doesn’t know how to do anything. The more experienced players try to help this new player out, but the more experienced players get frustrated because the new player doesn’t know how to do a kind of a simpler task. I believe that this skill is vital to have because you have to have good character whenever there’s someone out there who doesn’t know much and you also have to have patience to help out players who don’t know a lot about the server.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    Back in 2014-2015, I was a Moderator on ManaCube. I was actually a Moderator twice on the server before leaving for about a year. As a player and as a staff member, I think I did good, I really liked helping out newcomers and making friends with experienced players.
    Also, I was a Helper on a server previously called The Chunk Network (the server merged with CubeCraft), I was a Helper on here and Moderator on ManaCube at around the same time, and it was a very big server at that time. There was a lot of responsibility put on me during 2014 and 2015 because I was a member of a staff team on two very populated servers. I can handle a lot of responsibility that I am put up with.
    Also, I have never abused my powers of any sort, if I have, I will take full blame for anything I have done.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Patience -
    Having patience is a key part into becoming a good staff member. As I’ve said before, I work at a camp with little kids, and sometimes they can drive you insane, but you need to keep control of yourself and not get mad at them. Same thing goes for the server, if a new player does not know how to do something other people find easy, you have to work with them, becoming angry and leaving them might as well get you demoted. After coming on the server for the first time in almost 2 years, I decided that I would play something other than Parkour (I was a Moderator on Parkour), and went to skyblock. It was all really new to me and I had to keep asking how to do certain things. Now that I have a good knowledge of how each server works, I can help out new coming players with certain commands, what to do, etc.

I’m very kind -
    Being kind is a very important thing to have as a staff member and even life in general. It can make good friendships and can even help you out in the future. Being a kind person within a community can help make you stand out more. If you apply for something and you’re not very kind, it can be hard for you to even get considered. I’m raised in a household where being nice is pretty much everything, and I bring that along with me whether it’s on a game or in real life. I try my best not to get in arguments, but try my best to be friendly to other players, whether it’s making friends with staff or players.

Teamwork -
    I know a lot about teamwork, having been on the staff team in previous years, but also in real life. I play on my high school team for baseball and teamwork is what gets the job done. Having no teamwork and everything can go downhill. I do my best to try to get the team together, whether it would be staff or any other team that I was a part of. Being part of a staff team, it’s very rare that there’s one person doing everything in order to maintain success, the staff team is called a “team,” for a reason, to help out one another in case something is going wrong or someone needs help.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    Every person that is a part of the staff team should be a sort of role model in the community. Doing so, it can help the new players feel more comfortable with asking what to do or how to do other tasks. It can have a positive effect on the server in general. If you don’t act as a kind of role model, everything can go downhill.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I use Record My Desktop on Linux, here’s a sample video () [Sorry for that line in the beginning of the video]

Anything else we should know?
    You may not need this particular skill, but I have a working knowledge of Graphic Arts (Adobe Photoshop, I use GIMP Image Editor because I have Linux and it’s already installed on my computer, but both are pretty much the same).
    I know German, I took it last year as a full year class, so if there are any German speakers out there, I can try and help them as best as I can. So far, there have been a few German speakers on the server, but none have asked for much help as far as I’m aware.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Like Like x 3
  2. BrankoVich

BrankoVich New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    +1, Strong application, good luck!

3. Texans45

Donator

Ratings:
    +683 / 73
    Texans45
    Yoooo I remember you +1

4. Smithie

MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +102 / 9
    +1, Very nice application, love the detail and the layout, very nice!

5. GoldenGaming

GoldenGaming Forum Master

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    +1 for the fact I'm in the chat in that video. SinglePringles 4 lyfe!

6. Taslekio

Taslekio Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    +1 great application! Not much I can suggest, good luck!

7. Lewie

Donator

Ratings:
    +226 / 8
    u were good in ur time, u prob still are +1

8. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager Moderator+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +615 / 19
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.
    Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me through the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.
    Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.
    The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.